Sunday, November 18, 2012

Milwaukee Magazine Illustration


A few months back I was asked to make an illustration for Milwaukee Magazine.  It was for a wonderful essay written by Carolyn Bucior.  It's about how rewarding hobbies can be.  This is definitely something I can relate to.

My own preferred hobbies include hiking, walking in the woods and knitting.  These activities sure do give me oodles of pleasure!  You can read the article online here.

Thanks so much to Anne Baesemann for being such a wonderful art director to work with on this!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Awesome! I like how the illustration is in an arch, like a doorway to her dream hobby.

Jessica Rae Gordon said...

Hey thanks, Amber! Yeah, I agree, it does feel that way. I can't take all the credit though, the essay mentions that there's a tunnel she goes through to get to the park where she fishes.