Thursday, May 5, 2011

I Was In My Mommy's Tummy

I'm so excited to finally be able to show off some artwork from the children's book, I Was In My Mommy's Tummy! Lee Mes, the author, and I have been working on it for the past year. And we're both very happy with how it all turned out.

It all started when Lee contacted me back in January 2010. She had written a children's book that she planned to self publish, and she asked me to illustrate it. We had a couple of false starts with the spread designs, but in the end it came together with just the right amount of scrap book and photo album details.

I'll be doing a series of blog posts about some of the artwork and spreads. I decided to include some of the sketches, to show a little of my process.

Above is the sketch of the expectant mother. And bellow is the final of the spread. We liked how this one turned out so much, we reused it on the cover.

I'll post another spread soon! You can get your copy of the beautiful, hard covered book here.

2 comments:

Kristy Gordon said...

woah! that looks so awesome!!

Jessica Rae Gordon said...

Thanks Kristy! Next time I see you, I'll show you the whole book!