Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Alexis Marsh CD Package Design

My exceptionally talented composer friend, Alexis Marsh, asked me to design her a new CD promotional to pass out to studios in LA. We talked about what she wanted, and she mentioned that she wanted a little bit of old Hollywood glamour and just generally something beautiful.

I went to the library and looked up Vaudeville and found some really great images of girls in sequined little outfits and kind of ran with it. Instead of putting in musical instruments, I put in a bird head (I felt that suggested music enough). The branches are pretty little design accents and they tied in Canada evergreen trees (where Alexis is born) and California palms (where she is currently living).

2 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

oooo such a lovely design!

Jessica Rae Gordon said...

Thanks Chelsea! And I'm always up for new package design commissions.